- City of Windsor Employment and Training Services
- Greater Essex County District School Board Employment Assessment Centre
- New Canadians’ Centre of Excellence Inc.
- St. Clair College Employment Centre
- South Essex Community Council
- The Small Business Centre
- Unemployed Help Centre
- Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women
- Women’s Enterprise Skills Training
- Lost My Job
- Government of Canada Job Bank
- The National Occupation Classification has descriptions for specific jobs that can be found in Canada
- Third Quarter helps people who are 45 and older find jobs
- Automotive Parts Manufacturers’ Association (APMA) & Canadian Association of Mold Makers (CAMM) Job Shop
The Small Business Centre offers small business owners and entrepreneurs many different supports including:
- Small Business Information
- Business Plan Support
- Access to Professionals
- Business Resource Centre
- Research Assistance
- Workshops/Seminars and Networking Opportunities
The Downtown Windsor Business Accelerator was designed to help accelerate the growth of start-up and emerging businesses. They offer office space, business seminars, on-site mentoring and business plan development.
The St. Clair Employment Centre offers the Ontario Self Employment Benefit, which helps people who are eligible for Employment Insurance in starting their own business. They offer services including:
- Information Sessions
- Business Planning
- Business Administration Training
- Business Consulting Assistance
EPICentre is hosted by the University of Windsor and offers entrepreneurship classes, workshops, activities, competitions and an internship program.
The Essex Community Futures Development Corporation works to keep and create jobs. Through an investment fund, they offer loans to small and medium-sized businesses that can be used for equipment, expansion of product lines, increased working capital, etc. Businesses must be located in the County (Windsor businesses cannot take part).
WEtech Alliance helps technology companies succeed through offering a variety of programs and services.
Want to be your own boss for the summer? Be sure to check out Summer Company! http://www.windsoressexsmallbusiness.com/summercompany
The Windsor Essex Employment Group exists to maximize local employment services through networking by identifying, creating and promoting accessible employment pathways for persons with disabilities in Windsor / Essex.