Build a Dream is an evening event for parents and their high school aged daughters to attend to learn about careers where women are underrepresented.
Click a link below to fast scroll to that section:
- Build a Dream Project Overview
- Build a Dream 2016 Report
- Build a Dream 2016 Highlights
- Save the Date: Build a Dream 2017
The 4th Build a Dream event was hosted on November 10th 2016 by Workforce WindsorEssex, St. Clair College, University of Windsor- Faculty of Engineering, Women’s Enterprise Skills Training Inc., Collège Boréal, Greater Essex County District School Board, Conseil scolaire catholique Providence, and the Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board.
This event featured a daytime symposium for employers and educators, and an evening event for parents and their high school aged daughters. This was the first Build a Dream event to include a daytime symposium.
This project falls under the Integrated Planning LEPC Pillar and has been overseen by the Service Provision Working Group.
Build a Dream 2016 Report
Read our Build a Dream 2016 Report by clicking here.
Build a Dream 2016 Highlights
- 122 employers and community partners attended the daytime symposium for employers and educators.
- 626 young women and their parents attended the evening event.
- 48 employers sponsored and/or attended the evening event.
Save the Date: Build a Dream 2017