How much do you know about non-profit organizations?
Through funding from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Workforce WindsorEssex has had the opportunity to explore the non-profit sector and share what we have found with local elementary and secondary students.
This presentation highlights the benefits of working in a non-profit organization and the culture of the sector. It encourages those looking for work or planning to attend post-secondary to consider the non-profit sector as a viable career option.
Workforce WindsorEssex has had the privilege of presenting alongside representatives from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
How can this presentation benefit you?
- Learn about what non-profit organizations are and the role they play within our community
- Discover the skills needed to work in the non-profit sector
- See what kinds of non-profit organizations exist in Windsor-Essex
- Learn about the future of the sector and what we can expect in upcoming years
- Receive advice from employers who work in the sector
- Read about how people start their careers with non-profit organizations
This presentation is available online for you to view and share.
Please contact Workforce WindsorEssex with any questions that you may have.
Workforce WindsorEssex would like to thank our community partners who took part in our research, including:
- Windsor- Essex Children's Aid Society
- Community Living Windsor
- United Way of Windsor-Essex County
- Windsor Regional Hospital
- YMCA of Western Ontario
- South Essex Community Council
- The University of Windsor
- Family Respite Services Windsor -Essex
- Life After Fifty
- John McGivney Children's Centre
- Hospice of Windsor and Essex County
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Windsor Essex Community Foundation