Workforce WindsorEssex is excited to welcome you to our Promising Sectors blog series. This series features people who are working in the promising sectors in Windsor-Essex. The blog updates will give you an insider perspective on what working in the sectors look like, as local professionals share their career journey, their insight and advice.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Workforce WindsorEssex.
After publishing the Promising Sectors & Occupations Windsor-Essex 2012-2015 report and Hot Jobs: A Look at Entry-Level Jobs in Windsor-Essex, Workforce WindsorEssex thought it would be a great idea to capture success stories of local individuals and their paths towards meaningful employment in each of the promising sectors.
Students and individuals looking for work can use this information to help make decisoins about their own career paths.
The ten+ promising sectors in the Windsor-Essex region identified are below accompanied by a blog post written by someone working locally in the industry:
- Agriculture – Adam Wright
- Automotive – Aaron Mavrinac
- Creative Industries – Wesley Swain
- Construction – Sarah Iatonna
- Education – Stephanie Dupley
- Health Sciences – Zain Ismail, Karen Schuster-Bellemore
- Manufacturing – Jeanine Lassaline-Berglund
- Professional Services – Leisa Pieczonka
- Renewable Energy – Marco Calibani
- Tourism & Hospitality – Andrea Bondy
- Entrepreneurship – Jeff Denomme
- Technology – Irek Kusmierczyk, Christian Mati