WEsearch helps job-seekers and businesses by making it easier to find help to get their next job, get a new skill or grow their business.
Windsor-Essex Job Fair Guides
Workforce WindsorEssex has produced a job fair guide for both employers and job-seekers that will help you get the most out of this opportunity.
The Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 Overview
The Ontario Government has introduced legislation that, if passed, would increase the minimum wage and make other worker-friendly changes to the Employment Standards Act.
This Bill is currently being reviewed by the Ontario Legislature's Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs.
The Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 would:
- Raise Ontario's general minimum wage to $14 per hour on January 1, 2018, and then to $15 on January 1, 2019, followed by annual increases at the rate of inflation.
- Mandate equal pay for part-time, temporary, casual and seasonal employees doing the same job as full-time employees; and equal pay for temporary help agency employees doing the same job as permanent employees at the agencies' client companies.
- Ensure all employees are entitled to 10 personal emergency days per year, including two paid days.
- Bring Ontario's vacation time in line with the national average by ensuring employees get at least three weeks' vacation after five years with the same employer.
- Require employers to pay their employees for at least three hours of work if their shift is cancelled within 48 hours of their scheduled start time
- increase family medical leave from up to 8 weeks in a 26-week period to up to 27 weeks in a 52-week period
- make sure employees aren’t misclassified as independent contractors so they get the rights they deserve
To enforce these changes, the province will hire up to 175 more employment standards officers and launch a program to educate both employees and small and medium-sized businesses about their rights and obligations under the Employment Standards Act.
For more detailed information about the proposed minimum wage increases, including special minimum wage rates for students under 18, liquor servers, home-workers as well as fishing and hunting guides, click here.
The 5th Annual Build A Dream event is November 2, 2017!
Attention Employers in Skilled Trades, STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) and the Law EnfEmployer Build a Dream Flyerorcement industry, learn how you can:
- Build the dream workforce
- Network with fellow business leaders
- Interact and engage with potential future employees
Attention Young Women in Grades 9, 10 or 11, attend Build a Dream 2017 with your parents or guardian, so you can:
- Learn about career opportunities
- Meet future employers
- Hear from successful women in Windsor-Essex
Online Career Resources for the Classroom
This is a list of online resources that educators can use to help young people find and choose careers.
Services in English
- City of Windsor Employment and Training Services
- Collège Boréal Employment Options Emploi
- Greater Essex County District School Board Employment Assessment Centre
- New Beginnings (youth clients only)
- New Canadians’ Centre of Excellence Inc.
- St. Clair College Employment Centre
- South Essex Community Council
- Unemployed Help Centre
- Windsor Women Working with Immigrant Women
- Women’s Enterprise Skills Training
Services in French
The Windsor Essex Employment Group exists to maximize local employment services through networking by identifying, creating and promoting accessible employment pathways for persons with disabilities in Windsor / Essex.
Looking for Demographic and Diversity information about Windsor-Essex?
- Windsor-Essex Demographics - Information and Projections for Our Population
- Our Mosaic – A Snapshot of Diversity in Windsor-Essex (English)
- Our Mosaic – A Snapshot of Diversity in Windsor-Essex (French)
In Fall 2016 Workforce WindsorEssex hosted a colouring contest featuring local Promising Sectors and Labour Market Information. Congratulations to our winners! Their artwork is featured below:
- Age 3-6: Solveig
- Age 6-12: Lila
- Age 13-17: A.J
- Age 18+: Dana
Our colouring pages are still available for download at the links below. We would love to see your artwork on social media!
Centerline Colouring Page (click here for French version)
Cypher Systems Group Colouring Page (click here for French version)
VON Colouring Page (click here for French version)
Earnest Bagels Colouring Page (click here for French version)
ZING Colouring Page (click here for French version)
In August of 2016 Workforce WindsorEssex was able to feature local employers in the follow movie advertisement. A special thank you to our partners and to ApplerFilm for putting this feature together: