Funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, WEnav is Workforce WindsorEssex’s career counselling program for youth designed to teach youth the skills and knowledge that are vital for career navigation. After researching the needs of the Windsor-Essex community, career theory, and best practices, WFWE has developed this comprehensive program for the community to use at no cost. Login to WEnav to gain access to all of its resources (including facilitator guides, handouts, PowerPoint presentations, and additional resources).
- Engages youth in their career navigation.
- Guides youth with understanding self-awareness and how to apply this knowledge to career navigation.
- Teaches youth how to effectively and accurately research careers.
- Assists youth in finding ideal careers that match their self-knowledge.
- Explains what labour market information is, how to access it, and how to use it for making smart career and educational decisions.
- Explores entrepreneurship.
- Encourages experiential learning.
- Explores identifying and overcoming career obstacles.
- Helps youth create an action plan for their future careers, outlining specific steps to take and helpful tips to increase their chances of reaching their career goals.
If you or your organization would like to have access to WEnav, please contact Stephanie Dupley for login information: