Manager of Service Provision
As part of the Local Employment Planning Council Michelle serves as the Manager of Service Provision. She appreciates having the opportunity to work alongside Tashlyn Teskey with the dedicated community organizations that make up the Service Provision Working Group.
Some of the specific projects that this group is focused on this year include: Experience for Success, LMI 101 and Newcomers: Your Skilled Workforce. Stay tuned for details on these initiatives and how you can be involved!
Last year the Service Provision Working Group worked to bring the following projects to fruition: Your Job Search, Learning about Local Employment Services in Windsor-Essex, Build a Dream and Manufacturing Day.
In her previous role as one of our Career Pathway Educators Michelle had the opportunity to be part of the following initiatives:
- Writing and managing content for the Windsor-Essex Immigration website (welcometowindsoressex.ca)
- Delivering engaging and interactive labour market presentations to various groups of students, parents, educators and community members
- Organizing the Promising Sectors Video Competition
- Facilitating, delivering and developing Careers in the Non-Profit Sector
- Presentations and Resources (http://www.workforcewindsoressex.com/archives/careers-in-the-non-profit-sector-yes-you-get-paid/)
- Developing the Promising Sectors Blog Series (sample:http://www.workforcewindsoressex.com/archives/creative-industries-how-wes-got-hooked/)
- Co-Facilitating and organizingCareers in Psychology, Biology, Marketing, Fine Arts andKinesiology: Beyond the Obvious Sessions in partnership with the Centre for Career Education at the University of Windsor
- Organizing the Living Library for the Power of Your Potential Conference (hosted by the faculty of education)
- Coordinating Manufacturing Day 2013 and additional Manufacturing Tours (http://www.cimindustry.com/article/management/manufacturing-day-putting-industry-on-display)
- Co-Facilitating our Cool Jobs Jam for Kids Living Library Events for grade school career exploration
- Co-Facilitating and organizing the 2012 Career Expo in partnership with the centre for Career Education at the University of Windsor
- Creating a Youth Resource Plan
- Developing Hot Jobs: A Look At Entry Level Jobs in Windsor-Essex bulletin series (http://www.workforcewindsoressex.com/archives/hot-jobs-exploring-entry-level-jobs-in-windsor-essex/)