About the WE LIP Council
In order to achieve our key objectives, a partnership council was established including a variety of community stakeholders from:
- Employment & Trade
- Community and Social Services
- Service providers
- Health care
- Ethno-Cultural groups
- Economic & Workforce boards
Members of the WE LIP Council plan their programs and services with a clear understanding of the needs of immigrants while valuing the contributions immigrants can provide to our region.
In addition to the membership, the Council welcomes the participation of resource persons such as funders or representatives of other agencies. They receive notification of meetings and events as well as minutes and/or reports produced by the WE LIP. The participation of the resource members provides opportunities to increase the awareness of the initiatives undertaken by the WE LIP and leverage these opportunities throughout Windsor and Essex County.
WE LIP Executive
The Executive Committee is a Standing Committee of the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Council (WE LIP) comprised of council members from organizations with voting status.
Role of the WE LIP Executive
- To provide strategic input as to the direction and activities of the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership as aligned with the deliverables and objectives as outlined in the IRCC Contribution Agreement;
- To provide leadership within the WE LIP Council to promote and support WE LIP activities;
- To provide a forum for discussion and/or the development of recommendations for the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Council on issues related to newcomer integration in Windsor and Essex County; and
- To act as the authority decision maker for emergency purposes when required or instructed by the Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Council.
Meet the WE LIP Executive
Chair: Hugo Vega, YMCA of Western Ontario, Windsor Learning Centre
Vice Chair: Sarah May Garcia, Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network
Member-at-Large: Frédéric Boulanger, Collège Boréal
Member-at-Large: Charlotte LeFrank, Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Society
Member-at-Large: Debra DiDomenico, Greater Essex County District School Board, Language Assessment & Employment
The WE LIP Coordination Team
The Team works to facilitate the objectives of the Council by coordinating, providing organizational support and overseeing the development of a local settlement strategy and targeted action plan.
Project Manager: Mary Ellen Bernard
Community Connector: Michelle Suchiu
Communication Assistant: Marina George
2016-2017 WE LIP Terms of Reference
To view the 2016-2017 Windsor Essex Local Immigration Partnership Terms of Reference, please download a copy here.